Try this nutritious, low-cost and easy to make sweet treat! Notice the heart shaped strawberries? This recipe is a fun twist on traditional chocolate covered strawberries. Personalize the strawberries for yourself or someone special by adding chocolate chips, nuts or sprinkles on top!
6 organic strawberries
1/4 c dark chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Cut off the tops of strawberries. Make a triangle incision at the top of the strawberry to create a heart shape with a knife.
- Warm chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted in a saucepan.
- Dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate until evenly coated.
- Garnish strawberries as desired (chocolate chips, nuts, sprinkles etc).
- Plate strawberries and freeze for 3 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
Save this recipe and tag @latchontohealth in your pictures!